Monday, January 29, 2007

Monday, January 29, 2007

-Astrid wrote out a list of everyone she would like to make a valentine for. Her ability to sound out words on her own is greatly improving. Her main stumbling block is trying to figure out which vowel to use.
-I wrote out my grocery list. Astrid copied words out of a recipe book to make a list of her own.
-Grocery shopping.
-The girls played "going on a vacation". First they packed up everything they'd need, then they built a dock and a boat out of furniture and loaded their stuff onto it. They sailed to the other side of the world and set up a hotel room where their imaginary vacation took place. This went on for most of the afternoon.
-We read part of chapter 10 in 'The Wind in the Willows'. Astrid insisted that's the part she wanted to read. I suggested maybe we could start reading it from the beginning at bedtime.
-The girls helped make pasta with peas and white wine sauce for supper.
-Astrid asked me how you make cheese. I explained it as best I could given my limited knowlege of cheese making. She then asked how people made plastic before there were factories. We talked about how plastic is a fairly recent invention. She wondered if candy could be made before there were factories. We talked about that and then about how different food products are made, including flour. She wondered if flour is made out of flowers, so I told her that the two words are spelled differently and wrote them out for her. She then asked me to write out a list of 10 different foods for her to sound out, which I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home