Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

-The girls played "school". They did their own circle time and Astrid "taught" Muirgen how to draw pictures.
-The structured circle time that we did almost every day last year and started up again in September this year has fallen by the way side. The girls just never want to do it.
-They helped me fold, put away and hang up laundry.
-They listened to the story of 'Aladdin' (not the Disney version) on tape.
-I read them 'The Missing Piece' by Shel Silverstein.
-October is National Stamp Collecting month, so we got out Jason's old stamp collection (which is quite extensive) and looked through it. We also looked through some of his books about stamp collecting. We talked about what stamps are used for and how they work.
-The girls set up a tea party for themselves and their dolls.
They played with paper dolls and went on a shopping trip with their dolls in their strollers.
-Muirgen helped me make split pea soup for supper.
-Vincent made us crepes for dessert. He's leaving tomorrow morning (before we'll be awake) and we don't know when we'll see him again (he's heading back to France) so we took a bunch of pictures of all of us and said our good-byes. The girls are quite sad to see him go and I know they'll really miss him.


-Muirgen and I were talking about God at bedtime and she said, "God is here in our house, but he's hiding". I said, "I don't think he's hiding; we just can't see him." "Yeah, we can't see him," Muirgen said, "Maybe he's down in the basement."
-Astrid got me to tell her a bunch of knock-knock jokes and then made up a bunch of her own to tell me.
-Astrid recited her memory verses. She has them all down pat. It's time to introduce a new one.

2 Comments:

Blogger sqsus said...

I think Muirgen actually looks a bit like you in that picture of her and Astrid with Vince. Normally, I just see Jason's family in her.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Mom told me that Jill and Dad both said the same thing. I think it's just the expression she's making, although tonight we were comparing baby pictures and, other than our eyes, Muirgen and I look surprisingly alike as babies.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home