Friday, November 17, 2006

Friday, November 17, 2006

-Jul and Clover were over for most of the day. The kids spent the morning playing 'Pirates of the Caribou' - their latest favourite imaginary adventure. In the afternoon they watched a movie from the library about making fairy houses. When it was over, Astrid and Jul drew up plans for their own fairy houses and then went outside and made them in the back yard using tree branches, pine boughs, rocks and other things they could find.
-Astrid watched me doing embroidery and told me she'd like to soon learn how to do it herself.
-Read a story from the Princes and Princesses book.
-Read 'Beauty and the Beast' (not the Disney version) at bedtime.

2 Comments:

Blogger sqsus said...

Good thing it wasn't the Disney version!
What are you embroidering?

7:38 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

One of the bed sheets I used when I gave birth to Muirgen and Astrid was passed on to me (along with a bunch of other supplies) by a friend who also used them. The names, birth dates, weight, etc. of all the babies born on that sheet are embroidered on it. I had not gotten around to finishing embroidering Muirgen's information, but was finally motivated to do it since I was delivering the box of supplies to my friend who's about 38 weeks and planning a homebirth (which I'm planning to be at!!) So that's what I was working on. Thankfully I got it done on time. Soon I'll be adding another name!

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home