Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

-Astrid built a castle out of blocks.
-She drew a series of pictures of princes, princesses and mean step-mothers.
-Muirgen helped fold and put away laundry.
-Astrid completed 5 pages in her math workbook.
-Muirgen glued pom-poms on a piece of paper, counting them each time she added another one.
-We had pancakes for lunch in honour of shrove Tuesday.
-The girls helped me continue the enormous task of cleaning out Jason's computer room so that we have space to store baby clothes, diapers, a change table, etc.
-Astrid theorized about how cheese strings are made (you know, those sticks of cheese that can be peeled into strings). She figures that they're made by melting cheese to get it stringy then pouring it into molds the shape of the sticks and then freezing them. She'd like to try this out sometime.
-I was checking my email and Astrid noticed one I had starred. She wondered what it was, so I told her it was from Bullfrog Energy (we've recently switched to green energy to power our home). She started asking me questions about bullfrogs, so we looked them up on the internet and spent the next hour and a half reading about them and looking at pictures of them. We found a site that shows photographs taken every few days chronicling the entire metamorphosis from spawn to mature frog.
-Muirgen played by herself downstairs while Astrid and I were on the computer. No idea what she was doing.
-The girls went to Sparks and Cubbies clubs tonight. They raced cars on a big track and built towers out of blocks, among other things, I'm sure, which they didn't tell me about.
-We talked about why polar bears are white.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home